Monday, May 24, 2010

Last day at RPC

Yesterday was my last day as an organist at Resurrection Presbyterian Church, after 2½ years of providing services on the piano and organ. Members of RPC threw on a really nice reception for me, where I was given a farewell greeting. Thanks for everybody who put this together!


The reason I'm leaving is because I will be interning in Cayo, Belize, with my uncle, who is the head of a small Electrical Engineering company, Innovatia Laboratories. It's pretty much an internship, and I'll be getting personalized training from him. As of now, I'm not sure how long I'll be down there, but it'd be too much of an expense to fly up and play every Sunday. Although I'm not leaving until some time mid-July, these next couple weeks are packed with busy work for all my classes (if you haven't noticed by my other blog posts). I have to think about moving out of my apartment into storage, and figure out a way to get down there.

It has been my pleasure working with Pastor Scott. Now Saturday nights and Sunday mornings feel a bit awkward, since all the days of waking up super early to set up and practice and talk to Brooke for half an hour are now over. I've received a lot of positive feedback over the past couple months. I will definitely miss working there, and hopefully, I will find a similar job in the future. My goal is that as long as I'm alive, there will be at least one church with good music and good theology. Maybe one day, if I find a stable job in the Seattle-Tacoma area, I will be able to use my talents once again at RPC.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Aawww I'm going to miss you Jonny! Good job being so awesome!

Aquatiki said...

We miss you already!